Please read the following information carefully to understand Stratum International’s (“Stratum”) practice relating to your personal data and how Stratum will manage it.
If you do not agree to Stratum’s application and processing of your data as outlined in the below terms,
please do not submit any personal data to us.
Protection of Your Privacy Collection Statement
As part of the Data Protection Act of 1998 (UK), Stratum International request you read the following information about privacy and disclosure of personal information about you and click where indicated to acknowledge your acceptance and understanding of this information.
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you in order to help clients identify your skills and for us to help you find a new role.
Personal information means information about you and your personal circumstances, including your work experience, qualifications, opinions about your work performance (e.g. references), results of psychometric and/or personality testing and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placements.
Sensitive information means more private information about you, including membership of a professional or trade association or a trade union, criminal record, health or disability (at any time), etc. Sensitive information will only be disclosed with your knowledge and consent; unless required by law.
Note: Stratum will never distribute your CV to potential employers without expressly agreeing such activity with you prior to submission.
At any time we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms (either paper, electronic or online). This includes information you provide to us at the time of registering as a candidate, or during the initial phases of registering (which includes information you provide to us on your CV).
- Should you contact or communicate with us we may keep a record of such correspondence either written or verbal.
- From time to time we may request you to complete surveys or polls. Note you are not required to respond to surveys or polls.
- Details of transactions you carry out through “the site” with us or with the agencies or employers with whom we work.
- Details of your visits to “the site” and the resources that you access.
- We may collect personal or sensitive information about you from third parties when: we receive any reference about you; we receive the results of any competency or medical test; we receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace
- You provide us with any additional information about you.
If you wish to contact us about your personal and sensitive information, contact:
The Privacy Officer,
85 Great Portland Street,
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
Your actual or possible work placement; our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects; to inform you of possible work opportunities; or other events such as training, mentoring or information sessions by direct mail/email.
Your personal information may be disclosed to:
Potential and actual employers, and clients of Stratum International; referees; or any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
Your sensitive information may be disclosed to:
Persons with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
If you do not give us the information we seek:
We may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you; or we may be limited in our ability to place you in work.
You can gain access to your information to correct it, if it is wrong
Subject to some exemptions (for example in an employee/employer situation) you have a right to see personal and sensitive information about you that we hold.
If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it.
If we are unable to agree that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction you should contact our Privacy Officer.
From time to time we use candidate data submitted in registration forms - and subsequently - in an aggregated and anonymous form for industry reports and averages, such as our online salary tool and bi-annual market reports.
This data helps us to gain a greater understanding of market trends and how the industry is functioning. This ultimately helps us to better anticipate and meet the needs of our clients and candidates, who can also access these reports in the log-in zone of our website.
We will not use information that identifies or can be linked to any individual, is sensitive, provided in confidence (such as references), CVs and resumes or any other information deemed by the Privacy Officer to require consent.
We will never share your personal information with any other organisation without your consent.
By continuing to …….. you confirm that when providing information either Online, in an Electronic Document (i.e. PDF or Word Document etc), Verbally or in a Hardcopy Document you consent to each of the statements in this Collection Statement and voluntarily consent to:
- personal and sensitive information about you being collected as indicated above
- personal and sensitive information about you being used as indicated above
- personal and sensitive information about you being disclosed as indicated above
- the collection, use and storage of your personal and sensitive information
- the information provided being used to facilitate the recruitment process on your behalf as indicated above
By clicking “I agree” you consent to the above.
Please contact us if you have any queries regarding the Protection of Privacy Collection