Senior Mining Operations Manager Jobs
As the person responsible for leading and motivating the on-site operations team and ensuring targets are achieved and production deadlines are met, the mining operations manager carries a great responsibility.
For those who can carry that responsibility however, the rewards and recognition can be significant. At Stratum International we specialise in matching the best mining operations talent with the most attractive opportunities.
Our clients are looking for mine operations managers at the peak of their profession who can take responsibility for ensuring effective communication between departments, compliance with policies and meeting agreed company goals.
When our clients come to us they’re looking for candidates who can:
- Co-ordinate, lead and manage mine operations working towards agreed performance and production targets.
- Set strategic direction of mining process, develop continuous improvement initiatives and improve procedures in an economical manner.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Ensure overall legal compliance throughout business to protect both the company and employees.
- Promote and lead a culture of safety consciousness and environmental awareness.
- Mentor and train members of operations team.
- Create and maintain a high performance culture through the optimisation of people, processes, systems and technology.
Most clients will also expect significant academic rigour in the candidates they ask to meet, so ideally you’ll have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mining Engineering.
- Mine Manager’s Certificate of Competency.
- Blasting Certificate.
- Postgraduate qualification in Business Management.
- A strong knowledge of environmental issues, mining legislation and labour law, mining technology and heavy production equipment.
If you think you can meet our clients’ exacting standards we would very much like to hear from you. Please fill in the form below and attach your resume or CV.
Send us your CV
You can submit your CV using the form below. We'll review your track record and experience and if
we think you have the credentials our clients will be looking for we will be in touch.