Geology Manager Jobs
Stratum International takes a proactive approach to candidate attraction and management. We believe in building ongoing relationships with the best talent in the sector so we can alert you as and when opportunities emerge. We are keen to link with Geology Managers who can take responsibility for all geological and geotechnical practices as well as the Geology and Exploration departments, ensuring a safe and positive working environment for all team members.
You may be:
- A specialist Exploration Manager - skilled in grassroots exploration project management in the field.
- A Resource Geology Manager skilled in identifying trends within the ore body, expanding reserves and extending a mines working life.
- A seasoned Mine Geology Manager adept at ensuring the production team is digging to plan and monitoring the grade of the ore to ensure maximum exploitation of the orebody and profitability of the mine.
Your track record will include experience of:
- Managing day-to-day operations within the geology departments and providing leadership and direction to the geology and exploration teams. Overseeing existing geological and geotechnical methods and processes, reviewing and actioning improvements where required.
- Working collaboratively with drill and blast engineers to agree the optimum approach the blast phase.
- Ensuring all team members are fully trained and implement training and development if needed.
- Monitoring extraction, production and grade control as well as reporting on department outputs, budgets and ore reserves, and providing estimates and suggestions for improvements.
- Preparing exploration plans, mine planning strategies, various surveys and scheduling.
- Monitoring Health & Safety for the department, ensuring compliance with environmental policies and internal company policies and standards.
Your academic background will almost certainly include a degree in Geology or Geoscience.
If you have the skills and experience our clients look for we’d like to hear from you. You can start the ball rolling by submitting your resume or CV using the form below.
Send us your CV
You can submit your CV using the form below. We'll review your track record and experience and if
we think you have the credentials our clients will be looking for we will be in touch.