Chief Mining Engineer Jobs
We specialise in knowing and building long-term relationships with the most talented mining professionals. Our work tends to involve placing candidates into senior leadership team positions, including Chief Mining Engineer.
We’re looking to develop relationships with leaders who have the gravitas and experience our clients are looking for. The sort of person who can to lead a technical team of mine engineers, geologists, mine surveyors and technicians to maximise return on investment while ensuring operational safety and company values are fully observed.
You’ll have experience of:
- Developing Life of Mine plans and ensuring deadlines and milestones are met.
- Assisting in the development of the engineering strategy.
- Developing and implementing new techniques and technologies to optimise processes.
- Leading engineering teams and providing direction to Operations and Mine Directors.
- Developing and maintaining a healthy workforce in an accident-free environment.
- Mentoring, developing and coaching employees.
- Reviewing design work to confirm best practices are observed.
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory law and company standards.
- Monitoring, auditing and reporting on Ore and Ground control.
- Preparing feasibility studies.
- Preparing and presenting leadership team reports on operational costs, budgets and forecasts.
Proven leadership experience working with geologists, engineers and technicians is a must. You’ll probably have a bachelors or masters degree in mine engineering or an equivalent technical qualification and detailed knowledge of mine planning, operations and design. Professional qualifications in Business Administration and Project Management will also be attractive to our clients, as will experience of using Surpac, Talpac, Xpac, Vulcan, Datamine or Whittle IT systems.
We place world-class candidates into international roles, so experience of working in different cultures is a plus.
If you have the skills and experience our clients are looking for please submit your resume by completing the form below. Even if you’re not actively searching for a new role right now, we like to develop long term relationships with the best in mining talent so we’re ready to help you when you need it.
Send us your CV
You can submit your CV using the form below. We'll review your track record and experience and if
we think you have the credentials our clients will be looking for we will be in touch.